• The main indices of the Stock Exchange in New York closed higher, boosted by reports that indicate that France and Germany have agreed to increase the rescue fund in the Eurozone to 2 trillion euros.
• On the corporate side, Ingram Micro shares fell -7.16% after it announced that the most earned $ 0.34/Acción in 3T11, compared to U.S. $ 0.41/Acción expected. Shares of Bank of America rose +10.12% after reporting higher-than-expected profits in the 3T11.
• At the macroeconomic level, producer prices showed an increase of +0.8% MoM in September and a 12-month change of +6.96% in both cases exceeding market expectations (+0.2% +6.4% MoM and 12 months ).
• The price of copper fell to U.S. $ 7.448 / TM, affected by lower than expected growth in China’s economy, world’s largest consumer of this metal, in the third quarter. Moreover, the WTI oil price rose to U.S. $ 88.34/TM (+2.27%), after the publication of favorable corporate results generate confidence in U.S. economic recovery
• The price of gold fell to U.S. $ 1657.85 / Ounce (-0.78%), after a stronger dollar reduced demand for the precious metal as an alternative asset.
• The main indices of the LSE closed the day in positive territory, following the recovery of international markets by the end of the session. Thus, INCA IGBVL and +1.42% and +1.22 rose%, respectively. The greatest advance was reported by Banks and Financial sector (+2.83%), followed by industrial sector (+2.61%).
• During the day negotiated a total of U.S. $ 10.92MM, being the most traded stocks were Buenaventura (U.S. $ 2.17MM) and Volcan B (U.S. $ 1.27MM) are widely traded of the session. The shares were the biggest decliners: BBVA (+8.59%), BPZ Resources (+6.91%), Citigroup (+6.38%) and Maple Energy (+6.00%).